[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:35:58 GMT 2011

Serge, I think the topic of the thread is improving addresses through
imports, not how we should tag addresses (not that you're derailing it, but
I don't want to go too far afield).

It seems like we have a general agreement that manually merging in pieces
of address data converted to OSM format would be beneficial. Further, we
would prefer to merge high quality address points (as opposed to address
interpolation lines of any sort).

Given that, I'm willing to take a county's-worth of address data, convert
it to OSM, chunk it up and put it on a micro-tasking server where you could
grab a piece, merge/import it, and others could verify your work. Would
there be interest in working on this beyond me?