[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Wed Nov 2 22:20:00 GMT 2011

 On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:12:09 +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Importing more and more data will not make OSM strong. It might make
> OSM look useful in the short term but that's cheap usefulness

 So you're saying that if I don't go out and spend thousands of dollars
 and countless hours driving every road in the State of Arkansas, I'm
 hurting the community by importing authoritative data? Even though those
 thousands of dollars and countless hours could be spent doing something
 more useful, something for which there is not an existing free and
 accurate data set, like points of interest, bike paths, parks, or
 individual buildings?