[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Nov 4 11:02:13 GMT 2011

On 11/4/2011 1:04 AM, Val Kartchner wrote:
> As long as we have all of the addresses, we could use satellite data to
> align them with houses.  Is this the type of data we have in TIGER?

No, TIGER lists all of the addresses, but adds a large fudge factor to
comply with privacy laws.   TIGER data alone is not enough to allow
reconstruction of the house numbers manually from satellite data,
assuming that all buildings would be visible through the tree cover.  In
fact on my block, the TIGER numbers are backwards from the actual order.