[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Steven Johnson sejohnson8 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:25:23 GMT 2011

Yaa, a FOIA request is very unlikely to yield results.

There is a glimmer of hope, though. State and local governments have been
asking the Census Bureau for their address data (Master Address File) for
years. The Census Bureau, through their partnerships and liaisons with
state & local govt, are acutely aware of the need and importance of address
data. They are in fact open to finding ways to make the data available and
still protect the privacy of individuals. It will likely take a while to
get a change in policy, stand up some mechanism to provide data, create
protocols for privacy protection, etc. but the fact that they're seriously
considering these changes is progress.

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." --
Einstein