[Talk-us] Any mappers local to NYC/LI?

Skye Book skye.book at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:18:38 GMT 2011

I'm doing a ton of work with the data made available from the city as of late and a gripe from some people employed by the local government about OSM is that it isn't making full use of the data that the city is putting out there for consumption.  Indeed, there is a ton of information that we can bringing into the dataset (streetlights, building outlines for the five boroughs, etc).

Anyone is interested in ganging up on this, or discussing the NYC data situation with researchers as well as GIS analysts would be most welcome.  Any takers?