[Talk-us] OSM inspector routing layer now also available in the US

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 4 19:09:43 BST 2011

Hi,

On 10/04/2011 03:14 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Ah, the county line dupe problem. It would be nice if
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5867 were fixed.

Personally I think OSM suffers too much from automated edits already. I
am a big fan of people editing things while actually looking at them,
rather than doing a few "select-all/fix-all" keystrokes without even
knowing what gets fixed.

I hope that we will get to a point where problems in OSM are fixed by
humans who care for the data at that specific location. The knee-jerk
reaction "oh, there's a problem, let's think of ways to fix that
automatically" creates an atmosphere in which everyone waits for someone
else to fix it automatically.

I am very much in favour of banning all automatic or semi-automatic
editing, including "search and replace" operations.

With very few, individually discussed and community ok'd exceptions.

Bye
Frederik