[Talk-us] Geography Awareness Week 2011

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Oct 4 20:39:10 BST 2011

Hi all,

Someone just told me about Geography Awareness Week[1] which is in
November (coincidentally this is the week of GIS Day 2011 which is on
Nov 16). This is the first I learned about it but it could be a good
vehicle for OSM promotion / mapping events. This year's GAW apparently
focuses on The Adventure in Your Community which seems like a good
fit. I am going to align the SLC mapping party with that event and am
working with the University of Utah to coordinate. It would be great
if we could have a host of OSM related activities on GIS day!

Martijn

[1] http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/collections/geographyawarenessweek/?ar_a=1
[2] http://www.gisday.com/

--