[Talk-us] Announcement: Address Improvement project

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Wed Oct 5 09:24:19 BST 2011

For secondary house numbers, I use addr:flats as this appears to be at
least semi-documented on the wiki.  I also use addr:full in this case
to write the whole address so it's clear what's going on.  We have a
number of buildings around here that use Sutie/Apartment/Lot/Unit
numbers along with the regular house number to indicate their address.
 Some hypothetical examples:

A hypothetical mobile home:
20 Main Street Lot 5
Derry, NH 03038
addr:housenumber=20
addr:street=Main Street
addr:flats=5
addr:full=20 Main Street Lot 5;Derry, NH 03038
addr:postcode=03038

A hypothetical townhouse:
12 Main Street Unit 6
Derry, NH 03038
(on the way for the whole building)
addr:housenumber=12
addr:street=Main Street
addr:postcode=03038
(on the node for the entrance to a townhouse)
addr:housenumber=12
addr:street=Main Street
addr:flats=6
addr:full=12 Main Street Lot 6;Derry, NH 03038

Though I haven't actually tagged any apartment buildings yet, I would
use addr:flats=1-6 on the node for the entrance to a building with 6
apartments in it.  I would also use addr:full to write out the full
address.

Peter