[Talk-us] Combining State/County Borders & Physical Features?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sat Oct 15 06:16:07 BST 2011

I noticed in the past few days that user Alexander Roalter has been
converting administrative boundaries in the Midwest to relations
(which I think is good) but in some cases he's combined state and
county boundaries with physical features, especially rivers.  A prime
example is the eastern border of Iowa and western border of Illinois
now shares the same ways as the Mississippi River.  I personally feel
that combining administrative borders with other features is not the
right way to handle the borders - while the boundaries may originally
have been defined by the river that won't always hold, see the history
of Carter Lake, Iowa for an example.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Carter_Lake,_Iowa
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alexander%20Roalter/edits

--