[Talk-us] NE2 doing mass retaggings

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Oct 20 02:31:11 BST 2011

He has a history in Canada of deleting data in the same manner and trying to
impose his tagging preferences without consultation. Cleanup of his last
mapping in Canada is still going on.

The vandalism policy states that once someone has been identified as a
problematic contributor then only a brief inspection of edits is required
before reverting future changesets. I'd say that reverting his changesets is
a proportionate response, given  his past history of deleting data and
controversial changes where he has no local knowledge.

For reference,

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits/Code_of_Conduct
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_working_group/Mechanical_Edit_Policy
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism