[Talk-us] [Imports] MA towns

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 18:32:12 BST 2011

* Metcalf, Calvin (DOT) <calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us> [2011-10-20 12:26 -0400]:
> It retags all ways that make up counties to be admin_level=6;8

As I understand the conventions, a way should be tagged with the lowest
admin_level applicable, so if it's a member of an admin_level=8 relation and
an admin_level=6 relation, the way should be tagged admin_level=6.  I don't
think you should ever need a semicolon in an admin_level tag on a way.

Whether this is considered tagging for the renderer has bee the subject of
some debate in the past, but that's a separate issue.