[Talk-us] OSM inspector routing layer now also available in the US

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Oct 21 19:18:42 BST 2011

On 10/04/2011 12:18 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Currently the only way to fix a dupe node in JOSM is to delete one and
> then re-extend all ways back to the other. If the node is in the
> middle of one of these ways, you also have to split. This is way too
> much work to fix a common issue.

To identify these I tend to use KeepRight:
http://keepright.ipax.at/report_map.php?zoom=11&lat=40.52338&lon=-99.13796&layers=B00T&ch=0%2C50&show_ign=1&show_tmpign=1
<http://keepright.ipax.at/report_map.php?zoom=11&lat=40.52338&lon=-99.13796&layers=B00T&ch=0%2C50&show_ign=1&show_tmpign=1>

Often enough I've found the problem can be fixed with "m" (to merge
nodes).  Drag the intersection, press m, check there are no conflicting
tags.

Even then the fix can be tedious: this seems to happen to lots of miles
long straight agricultural roads.  And you have to visit each junction
one by one.