[Talk-us] Signed shared roadway

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Oct 23 03:06:47 BST 2011

On 10/22/11 9:59 PM, Anthony wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Richard Welty<rwelty at averillpark.net>  wrote:
>> this text may be found in section 1234 on this page:
>>
>> https://www.nysdot.gov/divisions/operating/opdm/local-programs-bureau/repository/bicycle/safety-and-laws/laws.html
> Hmm, I just looked at the text.  Did you intentionally leave out the
> part that says "Conditions to be taken into consideration include
> [...] traffic lanes too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel
> safely side-by-side within the lane.

not intentionally, and i did include the link so people could read it, so
perhaps we could drop the confrontational bit. you will note that i didn't
come back at you about the fact that there are no specs anywhere about
14' lane widths or parallel parking in the NYS law either. you might want
to provide a reference on where you got those.

richard