[Talk-us] Brainstorm: What should a US map of OSM data look like
richard at weait.com
Tue Sep 13 00:10:08 BST 2011
Let's keep this more "brainstormy" and less "discuss-y and debate-y"
for now, okay?
Trim and add your ideas to the list for your reply. We'll come back
around for discussion later. ;-)
A few of us were just asking on irc what a US-style tile theme would look like?
- distinguish divided highways
- distinguish toll roads
- deconflict trunk / tree colors
- Render shields at lower resolutions
- De-emphasize railways at lower zooms.
- Label motorways with both name and number where both are tagged
- Fewer road colors
- Distinguish road surface, so gravel, unpaved is obvious.
More information about the Talk-us