[Talk-us] Disney (was Re: access=destination vs access=private)

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:58:34 BST 2011

Disney runs its own Reedy Creek Planning District (and Fire Dept], so some
records from the 1960's and 1970's might not be in OC's system; building
permits are filled with OC, but Land Use may not be in the system you're
looking at. Waste/Submerged would be correct status in 1960 prior to Disney
development, not current status. Sounds like that website is not current
source for Reedy Creek documents.

On Oct 1st, WDW will celebrate 40 years since opening day.
Land acquisition started in the mid 60's , as soon as Walt realized DLP was
getting hemmed in by Disney-fueled growth in Anaheim. The Bonnet Creek
parcel is the one enclave of non-Disney land within the development.

 There's a very nice history of the property in the American Surveyor
magazine, "Mapping The World".
http://www.amerisurv.com/content/view/4387/153/
& backstory of article
http://www.wintertime.com/OH/Disney/WDW/WDW2006/ACSM.html

The thru-roads across WDW property might or might not be registered as
Public Right of Way against the deeds, but have been open to the public for
up to 40 years.

What is the goal here ?

Bill *o*