[Talk-us] OSM US Chapter elections and

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Sep 15 18:12:14 BST 2011

I'm having trouble finding any information about the elections for the
OSM US chapter, though people have already started to add nominees:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States#Elections_for_2011-2012_Board

When is the election? bylaws say "At the first organizational
meeting", whenever that happened or will happen
What are the procedures for voting?
What is the expected or desired commitment from board members?
Can current board members run again?

I have many other questions unrelated to the election like:
Where are the minutes (or summary if minutes aren't approved) from the
21 April, 2011 meeting?
Where are the financial reports?
What assets does the Chapter have? e.g  cash, investments, servers and
other hardware
Who administers the server resources? (Ian and ?)
Will administration of the servers change after the election?
What are Chapter servers being utilized for now?
What are the ongoing operations and maintenance costs for the servers?
What projects are going on now or will be started after the election,
and what are the financial commitments?
How many members are there?
Has the Technical, Education & Student Outreach or US Tagging working
groups ever met?

I feel like there must be some mailing list or Google Group that I
don't know about for me to be missing this much information.

-Josh