[Talk-us] OSM US Chapter elections and

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Sep 16 02:20:23 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last year it was State of the Map US. I assumed this year that it
> would happen at the same time as OSMF has its elections...

The US chapter was scheduled to meet Saturday at SotM at 12:30.  Did
anything happen there?
http://stateofthemap.org/schedules/saturday-september-10th/

Perhaps a few members will offer to help the US local chapter team
with organizing things.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Gregory Arenius <gregory at arenius.com> wrote:
> Another barrage of questions....
[ ... ]
> I think it was surveymonkey run by
> some independent (Apache?) observers.  Is it possible to do this again?  If
> so, what needs to be done?

As for last year, Mike Collinson and I served as independent observers
/ vote counters.  The vote was handled through surveymonkey last year.
 We just used plain-old-email for the Foundation election just passed.
 I think I prefer email since it removes the reliance on an external
service.