[Talk-us] California landuse import

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Sep 22 12:09:01 BST 2011

On 9/22/2011 12:51 AM, Toby Murray wrote:
> These changesets are all nodes. I assume the ways are coming in a
> subsequent changeset. This is pretty risky so I will keep an eye on
> this tomorrow.

   Just a comment to say I hope that there are no land use imports in my
area of the US[not in California].    This is in keeping with the
current thinking that such an import would be a prime candidate for the
theoretical OpenMetaMap - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenMetaMap

   The editing tools do not support working with detailed landuse.  When
I travel to areas containing landuse imports, I don't even bother
surveying updates because editing is so awkward.