[Talk-us] OpenMetaMap

AJ Ashton aj.ashton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:52:02 BST 2011

On Thursday, September 22, 2011, Dale Puch <dale.puch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I like the idea of seperating out portions of the database into
separate sections, but I prefer more use orientated divisions.

> [snip]

There are many good reasons for all of this data to be together in the
master database such as shared nodes and crossings of categories. However
various extract, import, and rendering tools are able to do what you
suggest, which are better places for this to happen.

Have you tried out the PostGIS import tool ImpOSM? [1] It processes the data
into more logical categorizations similar to your list (and these categories
are easily customizable).

[1]: http://ImpOSM.org

--
AJ Ashton