[Talk-us] Update on remapping

the Old Topo Depot oldtopos at novacell.com
Sun Apr 1 12:51:55 BST 2012

I cleaned up most of I95, I20 and I26 in SC, but did not have time for I77
or any of the other road classes, so SC will need a lot more work.

If I77 and SC 277 can be fixed (and I'm seeing what I think are a few
bridge segments I missed on I26, darn it) at least the major roads should
route.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:

> On 4/1/2012 4:42 AM, James Mast wrote:
>
>> So, who else here was at least somewhat successful in their objective in
>> data cleanup (I still think this whole thing was kinda stupid, as I'd
>> rather been fixing/adding new stuff instead of redoing stuff that others
>> added)?
>>

> I was somewhat successful in the sense that for the little time I could
> spend on it, I was able to clean up a small circular region around me. In
> some cases, I didn't bother to touch all nodes for an Interstate; there
> will be some zany geometry when they are deleted, and I'll just recreate at
> that time.  In addition, some intersecting nodes are still on the chopping
> block, and they'll have to be detected by Mapdust or Keepright.    I also
> felt it was important to keep adding new stuff instead of 100% on cleanup.
>
>  Columbia, SC however will be unusable for navigation for some time to
> come.

John Novak
Novacell Technologies and the Old Topo Depot
http://www.novacell.com
585-OLD-TOPOS (585-653-8676)