[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Mike N niceman at att.net
Mon Apr 2 14:50:01 BST 2012

On 4/2/2012 8:25 AM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> Richard Weait and I have been working on a rendering that uses route
> relations to make individual shields that reflect what each state uses.

  Superb!   This will greatly assist OSM to make inroads in the US - for
those who glance at the map, see the weird ovals, and dismiss it as a
child's toy.

   I looked at some of the states that I know about, and they look great
to me.    In SC, I haven't bothered with route relations yet - I see
that it will now be project ONE after the great license purge of 2012 is
complete!

   (NE2 has created several in SC:
http://elrond.aperiodic.net/shields/?zoom=16&lat=33.80378&lon=-78.79053&layers=B0
)