[Talk-us] Report about maps based on OSM

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Apr 5 15:09:37 BST 2012

Thanks for the link, the author seems pretty well-informed on OSM and
surrounding ecosystem. I like the emphasis on OSM as a data source and not
primarily a source of maps, something that a lot of people do not seem to
buy into yet. (I am thinking about some of the commentary around
foursquare's and geocaching.com's moves from Google Maps to OSM: 'the map
just looks ugly', 'Google looks way better' etc.)
The Guardian article linked to in there is also an interesting read[1],
focusing more on the geographical reach of OSM (and featuring a recording
of a talk at ICCM by Kate Chapman).

[1]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/mar/28/openstreetmap-google-maps-technologies

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Werner Poppele <poppele at hm.edu> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> there is a report at
> http://www.spiegel.de/
> about OSM based maps. Report is in german.
>
> WernerP
>
> URL of report
> http://www.spiegel.de/**netzwelt/web/0,1518,825561,00.**html<http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,825561,00.html>

martijn van exel