[Talk-us] tagging cul-de-sacs

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:27:04 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Martijn van Exel <mvexel at gmail.com> wrote:

> A roundabout (or mini_roundabout) implies to me (although it is not
> defined on the wiki) that there is more than one entry / exit road. So
> intuitively I'd say that is not an appropriate tag.

A mini roundabout is more like a big dot in the middle of the junction, so
that all rules of a roundabout are implied on that junction. Example:
http://www.cbrd.co.uk/histories/roundabouts/img/mini.jpg

Whereas a "normal" roundabout is a more or less circular piece of road.
Example:
http://adamcopeland.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/roundabout-live-local.jpg

.... generally speaking ....

For a cul-de-sac I normally use the highway=turning_circle tag on the last
node.

Henk