[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:52:35 BST 2012

On 4/12/2012 2:59 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> * Minh Nguyen<mxn at 1ec5.org>  [2012-04-12 10:06 -0700]:
>> There's an ALT I-75 that needs its own sequence file
>
> I had no idea there were alternate Interstates.  I added it under
> network=US:I:Alternate, ref=75.  (Right now, it's rendering as regular
> I-75.)

Sounds like a bug in the rendering.

However, I wouldn't necessarily oppose a separate network tag in this
case, since it's clearly not part of the Interstate Highway System. (The
same would apply to business Interstates.)

Michigan has some 'emergency' Interstates that are essentially detours,
but are permanently signed:
http://www.stopandgo.org/gallery/trafficsigns/Emergency_plaque.html

There's also an I-278 Truck in New York City that avoids a piece of the
Grand Central Parkway that's closed to large trucks: