[Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:56:49 BST 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM, stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:
> Hey, us, vaguely northamerican OSMers:  nice work so far!
>
> I see excellent progress in California during the recent eight days of
> re-mapping.  If you are an editing maniac (like me in the last few days) you
> have discovered that BADMAP lag makes you move onto another region.  I have
> chased myself over much of San Diego and patched up the old home town.  Its
> freeways now emerge as navigable.  The Bay Area shapes up nicely.  Greater
> Southern California shows vast improvement, and yet there is still so much
> more to do.
>
> We are so many people, loving what we do so hard.
>
> Just a pat on the back and bit of cheer-leading.  Now get back to work!
>  (Oops, I mean the fun of OSM).

+1

I have noticed several people's remapping efforts in my live edit
viewer. Over towards the east, I see long stretches of interstate
around Columbia, SC have vanished from badmap.

Thanks to Paul's efforts on highlighting coastline problems, that is
mostly clean now. There is still a bit of work to do in Washington.
The Pacific coastline should be clean now (I reimported most of it
from NHD) but some bays and Puget Sound in particular are still
problematic.

It's kind of disconcerting not actually knowing when the license bot
will be set loose. Before April 1 I was going all out. Now I have
relaxed a little but am still doing a few edits each night. We'll get
there eventually. Whether or not it happens before or after the bot
does its work remains to be seen :)

Toby