[Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Apr 13 16:27:51 BST 2012

>I don't know who's doing that work in Columbia on the Interstates,
>but they are doing it wrong unfortunately.  While the ways aren't
>"tainted" anymore, all of the nodes are still.  Meaning that once
>the bot gets unleashed, the highways will still get "fucked-up".  It
>seems that they are just starting a new way and connecting each old
>node to the new way without at least moving the old node, which
>means if Lar created the node and nobody has moved it since, it
>still will get deleted and mess up the highway alignment.

Doh!  In my haste to "untaint ways," it is entirely possible this is
exactly what I am doing, too.  I'm using a rapid editing technique
which does untaint ways, but which after reading your comment, it
appears I am leaving points still tainted.  OSM Inspector is helpful
in seeing the "error of my ways" (uh, of error of the POINTS) and I
fear that I am not the only one making this mistake.  Thank you for
calling this to our attention.

This makes what is "simply tedious" border on the realm of "utterly
overwhelming."

EVERY SINGLE POINT?  Ugh!  (Why does so much have to be difficult?)

SteveA
California