[Talk-us] tiff, dwg and nad83

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:05:39 BST 2012

> Imported data turns down potential new mappers.

Being a reformed importer, I generally agree with the don't import rule.
However, I have often heard this nugget and in my experience it is based on
either anecdote or one set of simulations that assumed that individuals stop
joining because they view the map as complete.

Is there any good evidence that this is the case?

I count myself as anecdotal evidence on the other side that if there had been
no Tiger data I would have never joined the project.

James