[Talk-us] 25or6to4 NHD imports

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:57:41 BST 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/2012 7:25 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
>>
>> The users 25or6to4 and 25or6to4_upload have been importing NHD data in
>> Louisiana without the required consultation and with a few other problems
>> with the import guidelines. Among other things, I asked them to talk to
>> the
>> community to figure out what should be done with the data they have
>> already
>> imported. Since they haven't responded, I'm asking the community for them.
>

> Keep it. Who cares if they haven't jumped through the hoops?

The hoops are there to prevent disaster imports of which we have seen
plenty. Unfortunately the hoops don't get jumped through enough.

In this particular case I don't see it as being quite so bad since the
NHD data is already well known and has been discussed before. As long
as the technical side of the import isn't being done horribly wrong I
guess I would say leave it.

Toby