[Talk-us] SOTM US Portland - Call for participation

Alexander Jones happy5214 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 04:53:54 BST 2012

Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying that, Bill. Yes, it is Portland, Ore. After a
> year in the US, I know where most of the 50 states are, but I am still
> learning about the various Portlands, Springfields, Manchesters etc.
> Please bear with me as I assimilate.

For me, it's Springfield, Illinois, as I am an Arizonan by birth, Illinoisan
at heart, and Texan by residence. But most importantly an Illinoisan. And
Manchester is the home of my favorite football club, the Red Devils. ;)

And at least you have an excuse for not knowing where the states are. My
brother, who has lived in the US for his entire life, doesn't even know
where Nebraska is. I don't know how he passed 7th grade.

Alexander