[Talk-us] Redaction affected ways map

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 4 15:43:28 BST 2012

Hi,

On 04.08.2012 12:05, Stellan Lagerström wrote:
> Nice. What do the colors signify?
> And I would suggest adding "Show in OSM" and/or "Edit in Potlatch/JOSM"
> links.

There's also my version of this:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=redactionbot&lon=-118.13960&lat=33.96068&zoom=10

In contrast to Martijn's map, this one isn't at all pretty ;) and my map
doesn't differentiate roads from other stuff (or motorways from primary
roads etc.) - the OSMI view simply shows a red mark wherever something
was deleted by the bot; an orange mark wherever something was last
edited by the bot; and a yellow mark where something was edited by the
bot but someone else touched it later. It can show the (former) tags of
deleted objects if you click on them (but don't you copy that into
OSM...) and it has a "trash can" button that allows you to make a red
thing go away (for cases where you say: well, that has been remapped
already, or: this is really such a marginal feature that we don't need a
mapper to go there and survey it again). Red things trashed this way
become green. Update frequency is a couple times a day.

Bye
Frederik