[Talk-us] OpenStreetMap birthday celebrations

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:06:20 BST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It is that time again.  OpenStreetMap turns eight years old in just a
> few days.  Join the celebration by getting together with other mappers
> at one of the planned celebrations, or plan one in your town!
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap_8th_Anniversary_Birthday_party

What unfortunate timing. I thought it might be a good excuse for me to
host my first OSM meetup next weekend. Then I realized that next
weekend is move-in day for K-State. That means the population of the
city will increase by 30+% in 3 days with most of them being 18 year
olds with parents in tow. In other words, "stay off the streets if you
like being alive" weekend. So I will have to postpone my plans...
maybe I can snag some bright new GIS students a couple of weeks into
fall semester :)

Toby