[Talk-us] Update to Redacted Highways map

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Aug 21 15:44:46 BST 2012

Hi all,

I tweaked my Redacted Highways map a little to show only deleted ways
that have a highway tag instead of all deleted ways. I did this
because I want this tool to focus on remapping the road network.

If you haven't given it a try, you may as well, I think it's a useful
tool: http://lima.schaaltreinen.nl/redaction/#

I want to incorporate some new logic that I've been working on to
somehow de-emphasize the deleted ways that are likely to already have
been remapped. I wrote about the logic to detect those ways here:
https://oegeo.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/life-after-redaction-detecting-remapped-ways/
and I would love to hear your comments and suggestions.

Best,
Martijn

--
martijn van exel