[Talk-us] US-Canadian border

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Wed Aug 22 15:57:02 BST 2012

"Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)" <calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us> wrote:

> I was thinking something more along the lines of a flipped way in a
> relation somewhere and thought it would be a simple fix but there
> seems to be the Us boarder, the Canadian boarder and some Canadian
> provincial boarders all as separate ways, I'm not actually sure if the
> US boarder needs to be there at all, this seems like it might be dealt
> with from the other side, is there an active talk-ca or equivalent. 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Weait [mailto:richard at weait.com] 
> Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:54 AM
> To: Metcalf, Calvin
> Cc: talk-us at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] US-Canadian border
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)
> <calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us> wrote:
> > I noticed this
> >
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.524&lon=-67.101&zoom=10&layers=M 
> > and really can't make heads or tails of it.
> Does that show "both claims" in a border dispute?
> Imports.  Is there anything they can't do?
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-us mailing list
> Talk-us at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us

Incidentally, the boundary between two political entities is spelled "border".  A "boarder" is someone who lives in a boarding-house (where meals are included along with lodging).

John F. Eldredge --  john at jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

More information about the Talk-us mailing list