[Talk-us] MassGIS building conversion

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 07:39:01 GMT 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Jason Remillard
<remillard.jason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everybody,

Hi Jason!

> Last week the Massachusetts mapping department (MassGIS) released data for
> all of the buildings in the state.
>
> http://www.mass.gov/anf/research-and-tech/it-serv-and-support/application-serv/office-of-geographic-information-massgis/datalayers/structures.html

I don't see a license related to this data, only a copyright notice on
the page. Is there a separate license somewhere that says this data is
usable?

> Since it is likely that next year we will be importing this data into OSM to
> support addresses, I figured it would be useful to convert the files to OSM
> format and share them.

What is the script you're plannng to use for conversion? What is your
mapping scheme? What is your plan regarding conflation with existing
data? What is your plan regarding updates?

- Serge