[Talk-us] MassGIS Building Import - process

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 04:12:23 GMT 2012

Hi,

I update the wiki

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MassGIS_Buildings_Import

It includes all of the emails from tonight.

- The import account will be restricted to directly uploading the data. Any
post fixes should be done with the normal account.
- There will be a new upload tomorrow with simplified data, and the full
massgis data osm replaced with an overlapping osm. This will be saved away
for later incase anybody wants to do merges after this project is done. I
will do Groton for sure....

Only two remaining issue

- If we should restrict manual importing to a small group of people. I have
gotten several feedback messages that letting everybody do it has
turned out not to be a great idea on other imports. We are up to 5 people
now, all of them have zillion changes to the map. This is not a problem
yet. Honestly, I am not sure if people will be beating down the doors to
help or not...

- How hard do we work on the manual imports. Do we stop doing them if the
data looks really good, and just run the script, or do we keep doing the
manual imports until we tire of it.  Running the script sooner, gets the
map better quicker, and lighter OSM users can probably handle cleaning up
the small 1/500 errors.

After this, I think we are ready to roll this up and get to work.

Thanks
Jason.