[Talk-us] Welcome Working Group meeting report

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Dec 14 05:00:30 GMT 2012

Hi all,

The (for now informal) Welcome Working Group met earlier today /
yesterday on #osm-strategic. It was fun and useful. The purpose of
this group is to retain more mappers after they sign up by providing a
better welcome experience. We are not looking at the user experience
of the editors, but rather at the social aspects as well as
documentation. We are still figuring out what the scope should be and
how to proceed, and we could use your help. We plan to meet weekly to
gain and keep momentum. The next meeting will be on Dec 20 at 1800 UTC
on #osm-strategic. Whether you're new at OSM yourself or a seasoned
mapper with ideas and some time to spare, we'd love to see you.

The WG page is http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Mvexel/Welcome_Working_Group
- you can find all the details as well as reports and logs of previous
meetings there.

Please forward this to local lists as you deem fit & appropriate. The
group will communicate in English.

Happy mapping,
--
Martijn van Exel