[Talk-us] Imports and Mass Edits in the US

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:21:29 GMT 2012

Frederik,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I'm keen on the "import process" including a number of "exit lanes" - it
> should ask questions like:
> questions like:

We talked about this a bit last night; I agree. Many times an import
isn't useful for one or another reason. It could be license related,
or data quality, or the data doesn't belong in OSM, etc.

> I would be happy if your working group would embrace this idea and find a
> name that doesn't explicitly say "imports" - what we need is people who help
> with the responsible use of third party data for the benefit of OSM - which
> might occasionally mean an import, but many other things as well.

Name ideas welcome.

I was hoping that large automated imports (like the tiger expansion)
would be included, but maybe you're saying they're separate problems?

- Serge