[Talk-us] Help identifying some objects in Wyoming

cottaer cottaer at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 11:33:05 GMT 2012

Hi,

since some weeks I'm doing some mapping by aerial images in USA, south
east corner of Wyoming. My attention to do so was drawn by the recent
"Operation Cowboy" event.

Now I stumbled about some objects and was guessing, what their purpose
may be, and I was directed to this list to ask about.

Examples:
http://binged.it/TR2kXm
http://binged.it/TR2EoV

I guess, this are some kind of petroleum wells? Or maybe gas wells?
Maybe even fracking gas wells?

So my question is, could you confirm this? And how to map and tag these
objects? I would propose to maybe map as a node, tagged as
man_made:petroleum_well and additionally map the area as landuse:industrial?

Yours sincerely,
Cottaer