[Talk-us] parcel data in OSM

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 01:18:53 GMT 2012

Hi Everybody, Frederik

I have been doing the background layer/tracing over technique.

So, Frederik's, says no to all of these parcels types. Not much gray
area in Frederik criteria.

- True conservation land, land that is owned by a private non-profit
or owned by the town that is supposed to be never developed, the
public is allowed to use it for light recreation activities, and
that's it.
- Town land that is open to the public, but is not developed.
Watersheds, parks, undeveloped tracks etc.
- Playgrounds
- Public Schools
- Private land that is open to the public as long as people stay on
the marked trails.
- Private land that has development restrictions, but is not open to the public.
- In between, places like the "New England Forestry Foundation", that
harvest tree's, so the land is in fact a "forest", but encourages the
public use the land and who's mission is conservation.

Without having a "parcel" layer, in the openstreetmap.org, the map
would be less useful to people who are trying to figure out where to
take a hike.

Thanks
Jason.