[Talk-us] parcel data in OSM

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Dec 29 04:38:24 GMT 2012

Ian Dees writes:
 > The moment it makes its way in to OSM it becomes incorrect. There is
 > *absolutely* no way to improve the data once it's in OSM, so it should not
 > be in OSM. Period.

That's a great theory, but I don't think many people subscribe to
it. Of course anybody can improve on imported data by tagging it, even
if its location is already perfect in every way, which, being a
database created by humans, is not even remotely likely.

There is no point in having this discussion again unless you're going
to bring up something new. So far, not. OSM is a big tent with room
for lots of data and lots of opinions. You're welcome to express
yours, but you're not welcome to claim it is or should be the ruling
opinion.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog