[Talk-us] Fresno has no primary roads

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Feb 21 23:34:16 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)
<calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us> wrote:
> The nice thing about ruby is that it's pretty easy to read with out actually knowing much about ruby and the script that was linked to (attached) seems to be what's on that page meaning it looks to be just poorly phrased

Thanks. There's several versions of the script in the directory, just
assuming the latest version was used does not seem to be a safe
assumption. I'm looking at the tiger:source tags in a random area in
Utah which points to version 0.6 being used to import there. The
mapping files are the same in 0.6 and 0.7 script versions, but did
change from 0.1 to 0.2. The wiki seems to describe the 0.1 mapping in
which separated: instead of tiger:separated was used. I'm analysing
the tiger:source tags nationwide now, but it does not seem that the
0.1 script (and thus that version of the mapping file) were actually
used in the final import. I'm hoping Dave can shed some light on this
so we can finally have that page reflect what was actually done.
--
martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore