[Talk-us] Getting ready for the license change

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:46:16 GMT 2012

On 1/13/2012 12:39 PM, Peter Dobratz wrote:
> I agree that it makes more sense to clean up the map after the deletes
> from the license change have taken affect.
Except that the April Fools change will not preserve a lot of the
additions (if a non-agreer splits a way, and you add a maxspeed, how is
the OSMF to know if the maxspeed should apply to the entire way?).

 > As far as I know, it's still
> being sorted out exactly which portions of the map will be deleted.

Exactly, and this is the big problem with any remapping efforts. Not
only may some of it be useless (though, arguably, this whole exercise
is), but also some ways that are currently marked clean may be found not
to be (through a closer look at splits, merges, etc.).