[Talk-us] Getting ready for the license change

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat Jan 14 18:20:07 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> On 1/13/12 10:49 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
>>
>> If your own area is clean, please consider helping out in more heavily
>> affected areas.
>>
> The Capital District of NY is in pretty good shape and i cleaned up the
> things that were going to be the worst problems already.
>
> i know Martijn has a bunch of issues out in the SLC area, so i'm
> volunteering to take assignments from him to do cleanups out there.

Thanks. I'm asking for help on the main infrastructure in particular.
I cleaned up most of I-80 but stretches of I-215 and I-15 are still
tainted. Also some primary and secondary roads, but unless you have
local knowledge I'd rather people not touch those, as I see it as an
opportunity to improve them in other ways too.

Also, some of the railroads are tainted, I'd love some help with that.

> i suggest more of us should assess our areas and then either seek
> help or offer to help.

In general, I'd advise to look at the BADMAP layer of Cleanmap. (Yay
we can do permalinks now!)
http://cleanmap.poole.ch/?zoom=7&lat=34.2972&lon=-82.53687&layers=00B
As you can see, the situation for highways / interstates is
particularly bad in SC / GA. I'd say that is a priority if you want to
help out.

--
martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore