[Talk-us] name expansion bot (Re: Imports information on the wiki)

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Jan 15 18:17:23 GMT 2012

On 1/15/2012 12:47 PM, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> Perhaps checking if either the name= tag or the direction_suffix tag
> has ever been edited by a human would be a good measure.  The ways
> which have been edited might need to be manually reviewed if they
> contain an unexpanded N, E, W or S.

  I agree that this is a good strategy for TIGER data, but there was
also talk of running the bot for all ways, including those having just
highway= and name= tags.   Everyone will certainly enter "name=Xyz Rd"
for their first edit.   The JOSM validator will pick this up, but I
don't remember if Potlatch 2 would notice that.