[Talk-us] What is a dual carriageway?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Jan 15 18:21:51 GMT 2012

On 1/15/2012 12:45 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> I only map two separate ways when there's a median you can't cross, so
> the two directions are physically separate. By that rationale, it should
> be one way feature. I am curious if other mappers use the same convention.

   I agree with that method.   Since navigation apps area very useful
application of OSM data, visualize driving the road and turning left
anywhere, as opposed to being directed to the next intersection and told
to make a  U turn.   Similarly when being directed out of a location
left onto the road, directions should be to turn left instead of right+U
turn when there's no driving median separator.