[Talk-us] Edit bordering on vandalism in Philly

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:40:15 GMT 2012

On 1/24/2012 7:34 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 1/24/2012 2:13 AM, Bryce2 Nesbitt wrote:
>> I'm reading:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism
>>
>> And looking at
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/63484547/history
>>
>> But not quite sure what to think. Is there someone willing to take a
>> second look. I have never reverted anything,
>> and starting with an update by this particular user sounds dangerous....
>> and I may be missing something.
>
> Is there a reason you didn't ask me first? Though I admit I don't see
> any problem; I seem to have split the way to add the streetcar tracks
> north of 9th Street.
>
> Let's start over: why do you think this was vandalism?

Oh - I found the bad edit:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/109993848/history
Nothing to do with me, so you could have just asked me without any
danger of my eating you. Anyway, this is a very common issue with noobs
editing in Potlatch and accidentally dragging ways (since the left mouse
button is used for both dragging and panning).