[Talk-us] New Meetup for OSM in NYC

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Jul 3 15:28:47 BST 2012

Great!
Be sure to add or update the Template:user group to the NYC page on
the wiki as well (if you've not done so already) so it appears on the
user groups map[1]. Which by the way looks pretty sparse for the US.
Can we do better? Yes! Round up some local mappers, meet somewhere and
voila - you have a user group! It's fun and rewarding (says the guy
who desperately needs to reactivate the SLC user group....But it's so
hot here!)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_group#Communicating_with_your_members

[1] http://usergroups.openstreetmap.de/?zoom=5&lat=39.23225&lon=-97.03125&layers=B0TTT

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a new Meetup for OpenStreetMap folks in New York City!
>
> http://www.meetup.com/osm-nyc
>
> If you're in the New York City area please consider joining! We'll be
> having social gatherings, mapping parties, etc.
>
> NYC is surprisingly unmapped in OSM, so if you're one of the few,
> proud mappers, come join the group and help fix the map!
>
> - Serge

martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com