[Talk-us] TIGER 2011 Data

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:57:23 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>wrote:

> I just found out that I can overlay the latest TIGER data (2011) on JOSM
> and Potlatch. Apparently the feature has been there for a while, but I just
> ran into it and wanted to make sure everyone else was aware.  It is much
> better than running TIGER data through org2osm and overlaying it in JOSM.
> With this feature, you get can get the roads and names on top of a Bing
> image.  Makes it easy to add new roads into OSM. You do have to expand the
> names, for example E Elm St. into East Elm Street.  And when two roads
> connect, there is not clear dividing line between the roads, but usually
> you can tell.  The feature is shown on the wiki at:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TIGER_2011
>
> So, whoever added this feature, thank you very much.

This is a feature I set up for the community on the OSM US machine. There
are several other tile layers available [0] and I would be more than happy
to entertain any other ideas or implementations if you have them.

[0]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Servers/Imagery