[Talk-us] Staleness view

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Thu Jul 5 04:21:31 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> Thinking about good locations for a mapping party, or just about where
> to go by yourself for a mapping session, can become harder in places
> where the map is pretty much complete looking.
> Looking under the hood can be helpful. For example at the age of the
> data. Older data is more likely to need updating that data that was
> just edited a little while ago. Of course, this is a significant
> simplification, but knowing where data has not been updated for a
> while will be helpful for QA and targeting mapping efforts.

Using the "keep right!" QA tool, I've found the HTTP error indicator to be
very useful for finding shops that have closed.  Of course not everyone
enters website URL for shops when they add them to the map.

http://keepright.ipax.at/report_map.php?zoom=15&lat=38.90738&lon=-77.01989&layers=B0T&db=osm_US&ch=0%2C170%2C411%2C412&show_ign=1&show_tmpign=1