[Talk-us] Scenic/Historic byways

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:19:37 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Kristian M Zoerhoff <kmz at lavabit.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 11:02:32PM -0400, Richard Welty wrote:
> > >
> > there are a couple of Heritage Corridors in NY State, i'm not aware of
> any
> > efforts to tag them as such.
>
> Wisconsin has an actual state network of "Rural Roads" that are numbered. I
> haven't checked to see if anyone created a network for them yet, but I
> don't
> believe it exists.

Wisconsin has Rustic Routes [0] that I remember mapping with relations a
long while ago. Of course I don't remember which ones I mapped or how they
were tagged, but if someone is interested in poking through and finding
them, they might be tagged decently.

[0] http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/scenic/maps.htm